View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anything_but_fish View Post
The funny thing is this idea of balance in the first place. Albertans seem to be the only people arguing walleye-pike-perch eat each other out of house and home. No one makes these arguments in any other jurisdiction in north america...which is very bizarre given they also have pike-walleye-perch fisheries.

You only ever see these arguments when people want to kill more fish, and invariably people blame anything but themselves for the demise of the fish they harvest the snot out of. Seems like cognitive dissonance--what if anything would get folks to change their minds? We never think that we might be the problem, which is alarming.

Let the great harvesting and stocking experiment begin, but I'll be over here saying I "toe da so" when you tank a fishery with that logic. And if I'm wrong, I'll eat crow and apparently some more shore lunch.

You sure make some big claims for someone who seems to have very little reading time under their belt. Not sure you have the ability to say, "No one makes these arguments in any other jurisdiction in north america."

For a fact I have read management articles from Montana and Washington that consider balancing predator populations with retention. Just read about Montana and Washington mandates and ever changing limits on walleye and retention size of walleye to create healthier populations rather than over populations.

You should know any time you make a blanket statement in life you're wrong. There will always be an exception.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures