View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:55 PM

Lots of good options on this list ...... but although I have already caught tuna ..... I'd like to do it again as a adult.

I went tuna fishing in Croatia when I was in my early teens. Small Tuna (maybe similar to a yellow jack or bonito ... I don't know). They were in that 10kg size and were voracious fighters.

But I do remember catching bait fish first, then rigging up following the bait fish that were bursting through the surface as the tuna fed.

We would cast into the turbulent water, and let the bait swim, the Tuna would smash it like a freight train, your reel would scream as they strip line, jump around and throw you into a arms burning rodeo as you jump around the back of the boat constantly adjusting your angle to keep from getting rag dolled ....... something I've never experienced before with light tackle.

These fish are crazy and will not settle down. Even after a gaff they would flip around and destroy anything not tied down on the deck ..... lol

It was so much fun and they were so delicious on the open fire grill (spices and olive oil) after it was a highlight of my life in many ways.

Last edited by EZM; 04-07-2020 at 06:03 PM.