View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 12:55 AM

Default 110 ultralight with BDX

I topped mine off with a sig bdx 6.5x20x52 . I bought my wife the 4x16 bdx last fall and have been really impressed with it. With her Sauer 100 in 6.5 prc she went from 100yrd site in to range and shoot 3hits in a row at the 600 gong with just the info on the cartridge box . The clarity probably isn’t as great as your guys suggestions. But it is not bad honestly . The range and shoot feature works well as long as it isn’t snowing or foggy. I was running a old modified 300wm model 70 With a custom heavy barrel and a viper pst . It was a really heavy rig and I ain’t getting any younger. Mostly getting out after elk get up a hill find them and 500~600 yard shots max. Target shooting out to 800 ~900. I am really excited to see how this gun preforms and interested to see if I can finally start ringing the gong at 1000 that has just been elusive to me . This new rig is totally next gen to me . I don’t sheep hunt and it wasn’t about shaving ounces . To me it was a appealing gun ! A $1300 proof barrel in 6.5 prc on a 110 action seems like a winner for the price . I have a cheap 243 savage that shoots a cloverleaf consistently for me at 100 yards if I do my part . I have a few friend with $3500 + guns that can’t do that . If this one can come close I will be in heaven .