View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgoretrout View Post
All engines need to be broken in properly which means changing your revs as you go up and down but not full throttle for a while......I have two Hondas and a Yamaha presently and have had others in the past over the last 45 years..... they all required break-in....... Read your book of words from Yamaha..... its in there..... I run a 16 foot Fishrite with a 50/35 Honda Jet and have not issues getting up on step with 4 people I also have a 16 ft Lake Jon with a 40/30 Yamaha Jet and also have no issues with 3 people getting on step instantly...... maybe its how you have your weight balanced in the boat
I agree that you need to break in the boat motor, but even if you don't, and even at 2/3 throttle, that boat should be able to easily come up on plane and stay there. Even if you fail to trim the boat motor while running (at minus 4 degrees and up to 8+ degrees positive) that boat should be able to easily get up.

The video shows the boat plowing. This boat is clearly under powered when loaded. Most quality boats of that size, configuration and weight have a MINIMUM horsepower rating from 75-90 hp. A 60 is far below the power you require to properly use that boat as a boat is meant to be used.

The OP can pitch down the prop, set up the cavitation plate/hull alignment, distribute the weight, add hydrofoils and do all that to get it up on plane when loaded BUT, let's be honest, the simple bottom line is you should not EVER have to do that with a boat sold by a reputable dealer ..... EVER.