View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
I worked in sales for many many years in the equipment business, not boats but the premise is still the same. I would take it back and work with the dealer. Your unit should perform to your satisfaction within the limits of the heat that you purchased. No way should a dealer be selling you a boat that won’t get up on plane. That’s ridiculous and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Work with your dealer and salesman to either get the machine performing as it should, replace it with a more suitable unit to your application or refund your money. Those are the only three options that matter in my opinion.

No decent salesman or reputable dealer would be hanging you with a brand new boat that you aren’t satisfied with.
I disagree with that.

How can any dealer possibly know who I am fishing with?

I am positive no dealer asks 'do you have any large male (or female) friends you are fishing with?'

No, they ask VISA or DEBIT? Then they pile on the accessories and gear and wait for the commission.

I would bet when they are tested it is with a single 160-180 pilot and another 500 lbs of sand to approximate the weight of mom, dad, 2 kids.

Not 4 working men.

This one is not the salesman's fault, it is not the boat dealers fault. The OP bought bad.

Too bad too, that's a lot of money.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....