View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post

What year is that 7"? Looks like a Gen 1 HDS, maybe Gen 2? Pretty unfair to compare today's screens to 10 year old technology. Screen resolution on today's sonar units is largely a wash between all of the major brands, the specs are all essentially identical, so to suggest the Lowrance is inferior is simply inaccurate. In fact, the only standout is the HDS Live series. The HDS Live screen quality, resolution, brightness, and viewing angles are unquestionably a notch above the competition. They're also well out of the OP's desired price range.

No offense lol, but I find it hard to take anyone seriously when they have the Fish ID turned on LOL.

The inshore year doesn’t get a pass from me for its inferior technology just because it wasn’t built for the salt. It still doesn’t have the tech built into it that other brands are using. I would accept it’s because they’re built for the average user who doesn’t need the adjustability and tech that discriminating users want.

Yes it’s a gen 2 and yea I think it’s a 2012 or 2013 model. I’ve fished with some newer units and they still haven’t impressed me. It should be dead simple for you to show some of your screen shots to prove your position.
The bird I had was 5-6 years old as well and a heck of a lot less pixilated then the HDS7.

The fish ID is a fair point but I was at the back of the boat running downriggers and driving with the ipilot remote. I wanted the little symbols to be able to see them from 8’ away. It’s a straw man argument so you’ll have to do a little better then that.