View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 08:28 AM

I’ve got a pretty short list of guys I will share intel with, much less spots. But those that make the list are rock solid. I’d take a kid to a great spot for sure but only spots that I have locked up with permission that isn’t going anywhere on me. Or on my own acres.

I’ve been shown some great elk spots. Was even invited to hunt one at one time. But I went with him and him only. Just that time. It shouldn’t even need to be said that if someone else is doing all the leg work to find a great spot that you’re expected to not be seen in there without an invite or such. It’s a privilege in my eyes.

I had an ex friend get caught on acres I had permish on. Said to the landowner that he was going to ask me if he could go but forgot about it. ME!? Why on earth would you ask me? Luckily the landowner got a bit of a kick out of the situation and knew me well enough to pick up on what was happening.

Just recently, a husband of my wife’s friend. Never has hunted around where I spend a fair bit of time. His family has land elsewhere and blah blah blah. So my own fault but I was a touch liberal with some mule deer pictures and stories. Anywho, started touching base with landowners in June/July. Guess who’s name comes up that’s been asking around for permission? Dropping my name too. What a slough footing sack of you know what. I never thought I’d be mad enough over something such as this to come to blows but I have to admit, I’ve been hot over this for months. Dirty pool.