View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
You do realize that you can buy over the counter sheep tags, elk tags, black bear tags, and whitetail tags right!!!! I’d say those are some pretty good opportunities. With you being a big guide I’m sure you could get one of your outfitter buddies to take the kid on stone sheep, dall sheep, moose or a caribou hunt. I’d say being able to legally hunt at age 12 is pretty good. A 7 yr. old you should maybe take him coyote, or rabbit hunting. Go shoot lots of gophers!!! At that age it would be fun for the kid to just tag along with old man.
Thanks for the information RC
Yes, I’m aware of the over the counter opportunities in Alberta lol ! And I’m more of an outfitter then a guide these days so if I wanted to take him hunting for moose, or caribou, or Elk I would likely just take him in my own guide area. And without a doubt once he’s of legal age one of my outfitter buddies would take him Stone Sheep or Dall sheep or Grizzly hunting if I asked them too.
In B.C. you only have to be 10 to hunt big game, so it’s still 3 seasons away no matter how you slice it. I’m more so thinking of right now, which is why we were headed stateside this fall.
Although he does like tagging along for coyotes and small game, he prefers big game as I’m sure lots of kids would given the opportunity. He’s been on moose hunts, deer and elk hunts, bear, cougar and lynx hunts with the hounds (his favourite), sheep hunts in the kakwa and Wilmore and we just got back from Antelope hunting Friday. He’s watched me, his uncle, my guides and my clients kill them all, and loved every minute of it.
But...... he can’t pull the trigger himself legally, that’s why I’m looking for something different for this hunt.

Thanks again for sharing your opinion and information RC