View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 10:42 AM

Default Stihl warranty issues

Has anyone else had issues getting stihl to honour their warranties? I bought a chainsaw (an ms291) about a year and half ago and it died a few months ago. I brought it in and the clutch was fried and overheated, fuel I used was good, used their specific oil and the tech seems to give me 2 Stories on why it’s gone. On the bill it said it was run with the chain brake on but in person he had told me there was no sign of the brake over heating... either way this makes no sense to me, either the brake didn’t stop the chain from turning or give me any warning the brake was on and it fried the clutch. The other possibility is the clutch was no good and wore out quickly, overheated and it’s done. To me this is a warranty issue, either the one safety feature failed or the machine itself failed, it isn’t a heavily used saw, maybe felled and bucked up 20 trees. I’ve been using chainsaws for years so it’s not like I’m a rookie, ran a poulan for more than 10 years and cut down far more trees without issue.