View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
Saw some pics from Eagle Lake by Strathmore with about a half dozen tents out this past weekend. I'm shocked it would be thick enough yet. Anyone from this messageboard been out there yet? I don't walk on until I've got 6" consistent, so I'm curious about Eagle....

And Aaron Wiebe might be ballsy to the point of dangerous, but he's no idiot, that's for sure. He teaches ice safety and has purposely put himself through the ice many times to teach others how to deal with it. Unnecessarily dangerous in order to get on some first-ice Crappies? Absolutely. But if anyone can handle it, it's him. Dude is a brilliant angler and extremely experienced on thin ice...

“Ballys” “Dangerous” “unnecessarily”, sorry those all qualify him for idiot status IMO.

Nobody’s an expert at walking on too thin ice abs getting out. Done it a thousand times, some times to teach, matters not when sh1t happens and your dead from trying to catch a fish.

This simple fact an ‘expert’ fell through is all the evidence needed to know he’s not an expert. Frozen ice is like a book. You just need to know how to read it, and take the time to read it and understand what it’s telling you.

Some ******* who risks their lives for YouTube views is a complete idiot. Not only for doing it, but publicly broadcasting for some to consider its ‘ballsy’ ‘a good way to get special fish’ or plain misguided attention.