View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Well went out and did a recce around French bay and out to garnet...the bay I drilled and got dead centre 9"-11" of ice...it is rough in the centre area as you head out towards the big water...lots of ice got pushed up in the early stages of the freeze...all around the edges your getting 12"-15". Off provincial launch 12" or more but as you head over to garnet I was getting 9"-10" and there are two pressure ridges but you can drive over them...garnet from shore was 12" or more and out to 200 yards I got 9" but that's as far out I went on the quad...I would say getting around with no worries on a quad, utv's, sled you should have no issues just not in the big body of water....trucks etc are scooting the edges with no issues even seen a red F150 go across from provincial launch to garnet....myself I feel confident on the quad but will wait for a better deep freeze before farting around all over the lake with the truck....just not worth it.....ohhh and when I settled down towards the end of the day I managed a quick three, two on the jaw jacker and one with the Len Thompson #2....the day was more of a ice recce....fish were lucky
Appreciate the update! Lets see how Cold Lake looks tomorrow after this crazy storm hits :]