View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up real cool experience....

so got out for lunch on the lake....our set up takes time to get organized and its not a run and gun type deal....sooooo after the 1hr to dig in, set up we are on them...one thing we did this time was clear all the snow off the ice and close the windows so it was black inside and we could see through the 15" of ice...well we sit about 8' apart....I got bored and switched out to the tc moto pickle but wanted to see the action it gave without the sucker belly on so I was about 5' below the ice jigging and checking it out when out of no where a 30" plus laker darts by and takes a run at my pickle...the the ol'girl reels up fast and we have a show going on as the laker darts back and forth in which we could see everything...it took the wife's moto and man did it peel off line...5 minutes or so to get it to start coming in and the line went slack....we went from a complete high to a low but after witnessing what we did we both agreed that was a heck of a thing to experience....we still caught fish but nothing like this beast....
ice hole.jpg

me.jpg

weiner.jpg

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...