View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 02:05 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasbok View Post
i'm no pro on cold lake that's for sure but a flasher in my opinion is a must i wouldnt even fish cold lake with out one

start at 80 ft and see if you mark any fish. I use navionics and look for shelves and drop offs I always try different depths till you mark work the whole column of water sometimes they are 2 feet of bottom and sometimes they are cruising at 20-60 feet (seems like those ones are hungry ) If you get a chaser reel right to the ice. sometimes they will bite 10 feet under the ice

I typically use a white tube jig but have luck with white and red paddle tails and of course chartreuse is always a good option if white isn't working i haven't tried len thompson's but read that some guys have good luck (just takes forever to get to 80-100 feet.

I normally put a minnow on. This year i've tried sucker belly and it stays on good.

Good luck
very sound advice....ya just gotta find the area with marks and be prepared to change it up....gibbs jigging minnow works too....I always lay a herring on the bottom too...poke holes in it and send it down.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...