View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 07:51 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
It's going to come down to whoever has stock in the hp and brand that you are looking for. I picked up a 9.9 4 stroke Merc last summer to put on my 12' instead of the 5 hp I had on it. Very few in stock anywhere.

I'm with AlbertanGP on buying Evinrude at this point. I have a 2003 Yamaha F25 where a piece in the recoil assembly broke and the part was discontinued. It has been a royal pain to find that part and in the end I had to buy a whole assembly for $500 from Japan instead of what should have been a $100 part locally. I would not voluntarily buy a new motor knowing that would be a very real issue in the future.

SS

Ya I hear you but I am not in an immediate hurry so place the order and wait until it arrives if they don't have one in stock....still got the 16 year old honda putting around behind me...like the Yamaha for the EFI too....I know if it's not broken don't fix it but making these motors lighter and more efficient would be nice as I know there are more putt putt motors out there then one realizes.

Might go long leg cuz the old crestlimer might not be around in 5 years and I might have a boat with a 20" transom....unless I win the lottery

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...