View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
You can see from that picture the bear in question was very old. Numerous cavities, missing and cracked teeth. Methinks he would not have lasted a hell of a lot longer... Had to glue a couple of his into place.

Sometimes in the simmering process teeth will come lose and / or fall out. Not overly frequent, but can occur. Simply glue into place with Elmer's white glue (dries unseen) and good to go. Same can be done with older euro's such as yours.

I don't intentionally pull them unless obviously loose.

BTW, a diluted mix of the Elmer's and water makes a great cover finish for a euro. Dries damn near completely invisible, and certainly makes them a lot more robust. For more on that have a boo and search the taxidermy forum I listed above...

Cheers,
Nog
Thanks Matt.
I have done a pile of them over the years but i still can't get them as professional as a Friend that uses Dermestid Beetles. A big part is the final finish on it. Not sure if he uses a Saton clear coat or what but man it looks amazing.
I had my Last Elk and Caribou done by Randy at Skull Crawlers by Rimbey Alberta.