View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
It won't yellow once its bleached but you boiling it didn't help. That will drive oil and fat deeper. No idea why ppl do this. You can peroxide anytime really once the nasty bits are gone.
I have boiled every skull I've ever gotten plus a few sheet, lamb and goat skulls and every one of them turned out perfectly white, with no need to bleach them, and I've never used peroxide on any of mine.

I skinned out the heads, removed the eyes, excess muscling as best I could and anything extra that will come off without a struggle and then thrown it in the boiling pot. Once everything is loosened off enough, I pull it form the pot and pressure wash any excess tissue off and blow out the brain cavity with the pressure hose and I have a nice white skull. Let it sit in the sun for a day to dry out on a nice warm day or hang it in front of the garage heater if its cooler out. and it's done.
They come out looking white as a ghost. The only parts that aren't white are the small joints between the skull plates and they have a nice black line down them, which gives them a nice look.

I have never seen fat or grease be driven deeper into the skull by boiling my them, unless you are either boiling them with the hide on and it is holding the fat in, or boiling them and then letting them sit in the pot and not cleaning the bones right after a boil.

Last edited by El Carnicero; 04-06-2021 at 11:14 AM.