View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 06:42 PM

My boat has a max hp of 80hp. I know the boat is well underpowered right now and I am saving my pennys and trying to sell my old big boat to get the rest of the money for my new motor. I am hoping that I will have enough cash by next year to get a new motor strapped to the back of the boat but until then I have to run what I have, so I would like to get the best performance out of what I have for now. I did lower the motor one spot tonight and on sunday if the weather is decent I will see how it goes. If it makes the performance worse then I will try moving the motor up one notch higher then what it was set at to begin with and test it again. I can't go any lower on the pitch of my prop since I am at a 12 pitch already. I was talking to ken at propgods.com and he said that he could put more cup on a 12 pitch 3 blade stainless for my boat and it would make a world of difference. He said if I matched that prop with my motor down one notch farther it should push this motor to pretty much the best performance I will see out of it. so I am thinking if moving the motor down one notch makes it better then I will order a stainless with more cup then normal and hope it makes it even better. If not then I just ship it back to him and get a full refund.

Thanks for the advice though. I will take it into consideration if this first move doesn't work any better.

nate