View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 09:20 PM

Just go to any lake with pike, get the biggest hook(s) you can, or giant bait, or both, mix n match, try whatever they key is big, and like others have said, if you think its to big, its probably just the right size, or at least getting close to the right size. Get a strong rod, a decent reel, 60 pound braid (I like 80), and be prepared to catch a lot of small ones, but then one day, one magical day you will catch your beast.

I find you gotta learn the lake your fishing, learn the habits of the fish and just keep plugging away, get skunked time and time again, as your fishing for beasts not minnows. And you never know when it will happen, I find it best to not expect anything, anytime I get hyped up and start to expect something... it never happens, it always seems to be the times I am just having fun and not thinking of it when bam I latch on to a monster... Last one I had busted my hook, first time I have had a hook break, bend sure but this just mangled it and snapped it... was a blast!