View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'll way in/rant on my Flames for a bit here.

As a fan, I'm annoyed with current management. I don't mind Brad, and think he's done some decent moves and collected a decent quantity of individual talent. I like Darryl, and think he has the potential to be a decent coach and knows the game. What I don't like, is the combined product and the apparent focus on winning individual games with no consideration to the future. I'd like to see, if there is one, the 3 year plan, 1 year plan, 6 month plan, and of course, the individual game. Signing Lewis ($800k), Richardson ($800k), Zadorov ($3.75M), Gudbranson ($1.95M), and Stone ($750K), a combined $8M, seems to me that management does not have a plan that extends beyond tonight. $8M gets you a pretty good player, the above guys are not going to get better, while Kylington, Zary, Gawdin, etc. might. Leave the 30+ lead foot guys off the roster, tell the young guys you're giving them a chance for 2 months on the 4th line, and see what happens. If it doesn't work, well, pretty sure Richardson would still be available. Look at the cheap potential 3 months out vs the here and now, it's the 4th line for goodness sake, what 8 minutes a night?

What I predict happening the Flames will be just in/out of the playoffs at the deadline. Brad will be in a bind and essentially won't be able to trade Johnny. We'll either miss the playoffs or won't go far and Johnny will walk for nothing as someone out there will give him $9M/year. Flames won't be able to afford that with Chucky getting his $9M/year.

Regarding Jack, if we aren't going to play our young guys, why not trade them for someone who will play? Monahan, Zary, a 1st, and ?? for Jack.

Gaudreau-Eichel-Tkachuk
Dube-Lindhom-Mangiapane

Lucic-Backlund-Coleman
Richie-Gadwin-Pitlick

Looks pretty good to me. Monahan would have to go to clear space, both cap and on the roster. If we don't get Eichel and Gaudreau walks, things could look pretty bleak next year.

For the first two games, I've actually enjoyed the work ethic, looks like they are giving her, just haven't had the results yet. lose, tie, win?
I'm in the same boat. That looks like a great top 6. What have we got to lose at this point? Even if we make the playoffs maybe 2nd round at best? I say go for it. We can't be worse.