View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The way I look at it, nothing in life is safe and hunting by yourself is probably still one of the safest things you can do, if you do it properly. Gotta be safer than mountain climbing. I don't mind hunting with a buddy on occasion, but like Greta Garbo, sometimes I just want to be alone. I always leave a time when I'll be back and exactly where I'll be going. In the event of my getting eaten by a bear, I tell my wife Turnaround is Fair Play.
Grizz
I’m newby on the forum. I just read this and I see the post is a bit old but I u derstand this I hunt and I trapped as a junior partner in K country for 8 years on a line. I think it’s safe if you are prepared. For emergencies and a good flight plan left at home for anyone to follow. You also can’t go beyond where your quad or sled breaks down and you have to walk back. So distance and have a stabber knife on your front belt and a good small rifle. I still carry a new Henry colt .44 rifle on top of my regular rifle hunting and I still go 4-5 days on my own hunting ,,,just got back from northern Alberta ….11am cell phone call everyday to home helps