View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydude View Post
Good day to buy AC with the Covid variant found in South Africa
There is no good day to buy Air Canada. Any company that is Quebec based is already heavily suspect, and having gone bankrupt twice, screwing stock holders, creditors and tax payers, I would never buy them. Leopards don't change their spots and Airlines are among the worst managed companies in the world.

If you want to have a look at a stock that is on fire sale over their argument with Amazon, have a look at Visa. Over 20% off it's recent highs. I have been buying a bunch of it at 194-196. FRU- Freehold Royalties is off 10% this morning, another worth a look. Today's pull back in the Canadian Banks is another opportunity given the upcoming earnings releases will be very strong and they will all announce increased dividends, share buy backs etc. (Except Laurentian Bank, worst run bank in Canada for decades and another Quebec based company.)

Before anyone calls me anti French, here is just a short list of the most recent Quebec based failures or embarrassments; SNC Lavalin, Bombardier, Nortel, Le Chateau, Aldo, David's Tea, Cirque de Soliel, Air Canada (Banko twice), Laurentian Bank, Noranda etc

Last edited by Dean2; 11-26-2021 at 09:29 AM.