View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 07:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Well this wk-end was either hang on or pour a coffee and have a nap type fishing for lakers.
Seems the morning produced right up until a little after lunch then sporadic hits, lots of chasers though so kept you glued to the electronics
Did run into a fella from North Battleford who was dialled in for the morning bites which is always good intel as to when seems to be a ruff time to be out there. He was a wealth of information as he simply loves this lake and it showed.
Peter came over and chatted a bit, he is the fella with the RAV4 and caught that huge 42” laker in 2006, was awesome reliving the story with him and his epic battle and the multiple attempts to revive this awesome fish but he wasn’t going to leave it below the ice and rightfully so. The picture just leaves you like a young boy at a cheerleaders rally and toss in the story....WOW.
Now here is the kicker he was closer to shore than us, showed up later caught a bunch of lakers, said he couldn’t keep them off and said take a look at my best burbot! Ohhh my....the length of my leg and a gut on it that any seasoned beer drinker would envy....look forward to many more conversations.
Ice travel is safe, pick your spots where to stop as there are some deeper drifts, ice trails are showing up now making the guessing game of best way to get to an area easier.....ohhh and the dead sticks with 6” herring on...nothing....well at least mine were not active.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...