View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 07:57 AM

This is great info guys thanks. I listen to the big honker podcast and others from the states and the Americans have really supported Boss Shotshells and in turn Boss has done everything to create a local supply. In these weird and erratic times with supply chains I feel that’s the direction we need to go. If there are issues with the local instead of just going to another company like I often have done, it’s excellent to see how CNP took the time to go to Score and work through it.

So everyone using it the last couple years says it’s reliable now. How does it pattern?

I pull every brand apart to check shot and score shot always seemed nice and uniform but I have had good luck with the crappy deformed pellets from Winchester xpert and Browning as well pattern wise but lose penetration past 20-25yards. No problem with head shots but body shots no good past 25.

Kind of veering of topic bit my point is I wonder if the deformed pellets actually pattern better but penetration is down? Some say that’s why Bismuth is so deadly because it cracks up going through the barrel.