View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Dozier had a few “collabs” with Boker. I don’t remember exactly, but feel like it was three, or at least three that I can remember. One of them was either semi skinner or pro skinner. Steel was an average AUS-8 (I use an AUS-8 knife currently that I mentioned in this thread a while back), but it had good G-10 or micarta scales. I don’t remember how much they were, but feel like under $100. Another was a D2, a better quality knife, with micarta scales, but was kind of pricy, maybe under $200. I don’t remember which model it was copied from, but definitely some drop point. The third was… I don’t remember; the steel was AUS-8 as well but had… hm… some wood scales, I never bought one. Those were under $100 as well, I believe. Those aren’t “Arkansas Made”, but maybe someone wants to look into these options. Not sure if any are still for sale anywhere since it’s been awhile.
Looked into it a little bit. While I didn’t see any for sale (except for the first one in a US shop and one in NZ), but here is some info.

The first one I mentioned is Boker Dozier Anchorage Pro Skinner, AUS-8, micarta:

Came with green or black micarta scales.

The second is Boker Dozier Drop Point Hunter, D2, micarta:

These were very well made in Germany. Doubt it is easy to find now.

The third is Boker Dozier Arkansas Traveller, AUS-8, olive wood:

Pretty meh, imo, especially the olive wood scales part.