View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
I made a couple comments a few weeks back to a friend that I imagined Alberta would somehow drop the ball on setting up the new Ministers tags correctly. And wasnt surprised one bit.

First off, why wouldnt they create a resident raffle that coincides at the same time as the MSL auction tags, or ensure that the first hunts introduced were introduced to residents, and then build to promote the auction ones for the following season? These hunts and the planning seem horribly rushed and not well thought out, and thus wont help drive the value at auction.

Second....what does buying a Ministers antelope tag allow you to do, other than jump a couple zones and hunt with hundreds of people at the same time during the one-week rifle season?? What a frickin joke. Why wouldnt AB look at extending the season for antelope to be able to hunt at least a month BEFORE the season opens? A guy doesnt need to look far to realize that all you're buying is an antelope allocation in this case.

Moose, same thing. Where is the advantage in season dates, etc.

Ball dropped.....predictably.
It’s to generate funding for wildlife and hopefully it does exactly that

There are those who will view it as a worthwhile opportunity and I don’t care if the money going to wildlife is from a resident or none resident myself. Personally I see nothing wrong with it

This is not about creating a hunting opportunity it’s about generating money for the resource we all use