View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 06:41 AM

The best checkering tools are the W.E. Brownell Tools. No, this is not the same Brownell's that you can order almost anything gun related from. This Brownell only manufactures and sells checkering tools. (Brownell not Brownell's) They do not have a website, nor do they take credit card. Ordering with them is quite the process. And the last time I did was in 2017 so things may have changed...

I had to call and ask for a price list which they faxed to me. Then I had to mail in my order because the only payment he would accept was a money order. I got everything I ordered about a month later. They were very good to deal with but it's like you've gone back to the '70's.

The Brownell tools have a unique handle that is "see through". The handle splits open so you can see your work. Head angle is adjustable with screws. The cutters themselves are available in 60,75 and 90 degree. The 60 degree are nice for starting out and deepening lines. If you can get these this is the way to go.

KV Woodcarving in NB sells Dem Bart but their stock is limited. Dem Bart has super slow shipping times so KV has been having trouble getting them.

The big Brownell's sells Gunline and Dem Bart. I haven't checked stock for some time but it seems like they are always waiting for stock as well.