View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 07:49 AM

On another note I've been PMed stating I should not be using minnows on PCR....a friendly reminder
Now in the regs it states "bait allowed"

Pine Coulee Reservoir
May 15 to Mar. 31 – Walleye limit 0; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Bait allowed.
Apr. 1 to May 14 – CLOSED

Fishing with Bait
Bait — the definition of bait (see Definitions) includes, but is not restricted to: corn, cheese, marshmallows, meat, maggots, meal worms, earthworms, wax worms, gammarus shrimp, leeches, terrestrial insects, the larvae, pupae or adults of aquatic insects (e.g., stonefly, mayfly, caddis fly), bait fish, parts of fish, fish eggs, scented baits, power baits and all additives that scent or flavour artificial baits and lures.

Bait Ban — means where bait bans are in effect only unscented lures may be used. In some streams, only maggots may be used as bait during certain times of the year to allow anglers to fish for mountain whitefish with less impact on trout populations. In some lakes, only maggots and mealworms may be used as bait to allow anglers to fish for perch and lake whitefish with less impact on pike populations (see Definitions).

Fishing with Bait Fish
Bait Fish means any of the following:

•suckers (family Catostomidae)
•sticklebacks (family Gasterosteidae)
•trout-perch (Percopsis omiscomaycus)
•Iowa darter (Etheostoma exile)
•minnows (family Cyprinidae), except carp, goldfish and the western silvery minnow

So I realize I get confused alot but minnows are perfectly legit there and the COs that checked me every time I was there this summer agreed!!

Rant over.....