View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I say, while they're at it, build the field house too! Lets get indoor Stamps games, grey cup, monster trucks, more concerts, wrestling, indoor Stampede events, etc.
It would be nice to see you guys get some more and better concerts that routinely pass by Cow-Town due to the dome being ill equipped to handle big shows.

Commonwealth Stadium is one of the best places to see a concert full stop. The atmosphere is electric! And we get a LOT of GREAT stadium shows, and some good sporting events too. U2 (I hate them) AC/DC, Rolling Stones, The Police, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Stadium Tour, ridiculous monster truck & motocross events, Red Bull Electric Circus, FIS Snowboard World Cup and on and on..

I'd like to see y'all get the opportunity to see those same shows in your back yard and not have to make the trek north.

Not for nothing I think you guys need a new Football stadium a LOT more than you need a new arena, but that's JMHO.

Hopefully the powers that be keep it realistic this time, Calgary Next was over a billion dollars to build. It's good to dream big but you have to stay realistic too.

We got incredibly lucky to get a venue like Commonwealth.

A little blurb about NEXT.
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/council-c...ject-1.2874565

Maybe Montreal will sell you The Big O and you can move it brick by brick a-la London Bridge. It was probably paid for with Alberta money anyways