Thread: 7mm-08
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3006 View Post
This is great info, thank you. I am considering trading my 7mm Rem Mag (AB3). It has been sitting in my safe going on 3 yrs. I just figured it would be nice to have a magnum cartridge in case I ever went fir moose or elk at somewhat long range. With that said, long range for me is 200 yards. With the bullet diameter of a 7mm similar to the 7mm-08 I am thinking maybe just downsizing to something I may use more often for white tail. I do have a 30-06 as well which I am sure is very capable of taking elk or moose with the right conditions. I have been using my 06 for 15 yrs… nothing has walked away from it yet when I do my part. Just wondering if my thinking is realistic or if I am out to lunch on difference between a 7mm and an 06 for big game 200 yards and under?
The bullet diameter isn’t similar for the 7mmremmag, and the 7mm-08, it is identical. They use the same bullet, the only difference is the case capacity. Anything that a 7mmremmag can do at 400 yards, the 7mm-08 can do at 200 yards.