View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 09:53 AM

We have a Prospector diesel heater for our 16x20 Deluxe Wall tent-love the heater. Its probably on the big size for a heater for our tent size. The Expedition model might be a better choice unless you are going to be doing alot of winter camping-then go with the Prospector model.

A bit warm at times and sometimes has even been shut off completely as outside temps warmed up to be like +10 overnight that it was too hot in the tent. I think over the past 10 years we have only turned up the dial setting from 1 to 2 once as it was like -18C during a hunting trip in the middle of the trip.

Its nice to come back to camp and have a warm tent with consistent heat temps.

I have a great wood stove (built out of thick steel-was a new piece of yellow jacket pipeline pipe) and heats up tent quickly and holds the heat-used initially in my 14x16 tent in the mountains sledding in Kakwa. -30C at times overnight and we were in t-shirts in the tent. Just sucked for the person with the worst sleeping bag in the morning and having to start the fire again.

The guys sleeping the closest to the stove hated it when our hunting party increased by a couple guys and the ROOKIES had to be by the stove. We used it for 1 year in our new 16x20 tent then got the diesel heater.

Inconvenience is now packing diesel jerry cans to camp but we only tub trailer in about 4 miles from the trucks to camp.