Thread: Wow!...
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 06:17 PM

Ok.

As I mentioned before, I sent Sunny 94 Lacombe a message via Messenger on Facebook. But I am a silver fox kinda guy, and cannot cut/paste this stuff into here. So I will take a bit of time, and post all conversations I had with them by typing it. So be patient...hehe

So, I sent them a message about this controversial topic, which was aired on their "radio station" yesterday, at least twice, which I did not agree with at all. Hence my "rant".

As you will see, at first, they were somewhat "adversarial", but the tune changed a tad. But I believe they still deflected, maybe I'm wrong.

Here it goes, starting with the first message I sent. And I am sorry as it may be a bit of a long read. Not sure if anyone can access it on Facebook.

ME:

"Why would your station report about Brittney GRINER saying she will play basketball next year? Highly controversial prisoner exchange with a Russian arms dealer by the Biden administration. I'm sure there are better local stories in Central Alberta to report on"

Sunny 94:

" We have a national news center in Manitoba that covers national news for our site...we of course also cover local stories...as you can see if you look at the "page" this morning I have put up a story of local kids in a skills competition and local road conditions...why not have stories of interest for everyone on our page...if you don't want to read international stories then don't read them"

" PS: we don't have a Brittney GRINER story on our "page". As for the air news, it is done on a Provincial level at the discretion of the news person doing it there. I can pass on your concerns to them. Thanks for your comments. Have a great day."

And then...shortly after.

Sunny 94:

" My apologies Jay, I thought you were referring to our Lacombe online page, not the air news."

ME:

" Yeah, was referring to the air news. Twice yesterday. You guys do a great job on the page with local stuff. Was just surprised with this controversial US story on the radio yesterday. TYVM for your reply...Jay.

Sunny 94:

" Take care Jay, again my apologies for the misunderstanding."

ME:

"All good. I guess what I was trying to say is perhaps a good local radio station should be careful reporting these sensitive "International News". Many in Central Alberta don't really care. Again, TYVM for replying, and I wish you and your staff a Merry Christmas".

No replies to that yet.

If I hear anything more, I will advise...