View Single Post
Old 12-21-2022, 07:27 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavster View Post
I meant to post this report a little earlier but the 15th before the cold snap started we had 6” of ice in french bay walked out to the first point where it starts to drop off. There was bait moving around and the fish were fairly active ended up landing 10 or so in a few hours and a lost a few as well. Did see a moose cross the bay farther out toward garnett and birch point. Hopefully this Cold snap here gives us the safe ice we need to access the whole lake with no
worries

Be safe out there!

Thanks for the report Mat, the only thing that scares me is crossing over from the MD French bay boat launch is a little further out to the right the ice in past experience gets thin quick, there is a current coming out of what I call pike bay into French bay that creates thinner ice, a few years back we had a solid seven inches of ice out into French bay but decided to try for pike more towards the launch and drilled into two inches of ice in areas, was on the quad, huge pucker factor, buggered off real quick.

I am going to wait until after the Xmas holidays but please keep us updated as I know you got bigger gonads.

Tight lines.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...