View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
And you don't own any of these custom after market based 700's?

You like your custom model 70's also, what's not to like in a CRF based hunting rifle?

I wasn't going to wade into this discussion, but lots of us like to upgrade a variety of manufacturers rifles to improve performance for use in specific disciplines and/or to personalize for fit or suit to taste, either doing it ourselves if you are able or inclined or by a Gunsmith/Rifle builder.
Remington and Savage after market parts are the easiest to acquire, likely for the simple fact of greater number of factory sales of both, making them attractive for after market enterprises.
Also, there are a lot of high end custom actions based on that " sucker born every minute" M700 foot print, based partly on that reason and the design works.

As far as overall cartridge I would think the 30- 06 fills that niche quite well taking into consideration a number of variables, available makes and models, ammo choices, etc. Difficult to pin down to one, with so many to choose from according to one's personal opinion or view point.

Sure seems to get people riled up.

As a matter of fact I do. I bought them all cheap from guys who were disillusioned with their Lego rifles. PS not a damn one of them shoot much if any better then some of my off the shelf Sako's or Tikka's.
LOL Ya try hanging a Trigger Teck Diamond off your SPS Rem 700 foot print action.(See how well that works .. ooh ya it doesn't because the actions are so crooked TT will not warranty the trigger)
Plus when you go to sell your tricked out rem 700 action you will get SPS prices. With a Sako or any other High end rifle you will get a premium price and older is even better.

Yes some people do get riled up and spend a bunch of money and still, never quite get to the finish line.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.

Last edited by 6.5 shooter; 01-19-2023 at 10:01 PM.