Thread: AB Election
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 04:21 PM

To contrast the UCP platform we have the Karen Notley led NDP promising massive spending but at the same time promising not to raise "personal income tax". The only way Karen will be able to implement her promises is with increased spending which she'll have to find either by taking Alberta further into debt, or bringing in a Provincial Sales Tax so you pay 7% more on everything you buy.

Karen's commitments:

More Doctors:

"We will invest $350 million to establish 40 new Family Health Clinics and $400 million to hire an additional 4,000 allied health professionals."

Healthcare Innovation Fund:

"The Healthcare Innovation Challenge Fund is a groundbreaking initiative by the Alberta NDP, and is the first of its kind in the province. Through the fund, the Alberta NDP will invest an initial $75 million over the next three years to prioritize the procurement, scaling, and deployment of innovative solutions in healthcare settings across Alberta Health Services."

More Affordable Government Housing:

No price tag attached. I expect it will be in the billions. Those billions will be transferred to Non Profits with the right political connections. The transfers will come from you and I the taxpayers of this province.

New South Edmonton Hospital:

No price tag again, but will be in the billions.

Increasing AISH:

No Price Tag

I could go on because the spending list is so long, but there's no mention on how they're going to fund any of it. As I said before the most likely option will be a provincial sales tax.

You can find out more here.

https://www.albertandp.ca/commitments

As you can see the difference between these two platforms is stark. This election will define Alberta's political future going forward.

Do we elect the fiscally responsible UCP or the fiscally irresponsible NDP with massive spending planned?

Do we elect one of our own middle class workers who worked in radio for her years between politics. Or someone who has been a politician for the last 14 years?

Do we elect a leader like Danielle who wants to stand beside us and help us move forward with our lives. Or do we want one like Karen who will tell us what to do from her ivory tower and try to keep young people in the basement of Alberta?

The lyrics to the Big Sugar song "All Hell for a Basement" seem applicable to our current situation.

"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement"

Have we as Albertans lost our way. Will we continue to live in the hell of Karen's basement? The Notley/Trudeau alliance will finish off what's left of Alberta.

Or will we restore the heaven Alberta saw under Ralph Klein?

The choice is yours Alberta, so what will it be?
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill

Last edited by raab; 05-08-2023 at 04:49 PM.