View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrossbow View Post
lol yes chuck and duck is definitely something iv learned on windy days. iv learned to side cast or do that D loop flip thing. only took a few hooks in my back to learn. ill try something yellow next time im out. havent experimented much after i discovered woolly buggers, might be time this year. thank you for tip.
You should look into converting your single hander to a single hand spey.

I had a 7wt 9'-6 pieroway element (med action) paired with a 360 grain airflow rage compact line. I was able to Skagit style cast 4" long double bunny flies with lead eyes from a stand still on shore probably about 40-50ft out and 60ft+ easily on lighter flies. You can still aerial cast too.

But I've long switched over to micro two handers and haven't looked back since. Being able to bomb big flies without and not having to chuck and duck is just awesome.

As for flies, anything big that has alot of action, bunny leeches, fluffy Wooley buggers, bow river buggers, dragon tails etc. If you tie your own flies learn to make your flies look big while keeping material sparse to keep the flies from soaking up alot of water. Believe it or not less is better.