Thread: AB Election
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog15 View Post
TBA (take back AB) is a far right piece of work that in my opinion, has to be blocked. Smith/the UCP are far to under the influence of this group in their desperate quest for supporters. Neither Smith nor this group should be any where near the seat of power in AB, in my opinion. So we are left with the NDP who are in bed with the unions. Little difference - TBA and the Unions are both PACs who are allowed way to much leeway to shill on behalf of their respective politicos.

Calgary-Glenmore is between a rock and a hard place. A UCP incumbent who is a Kenney person but willing to ride with Smith/TBA to save her own skin. She was apparently a part of the still unresolved investigation re Kenney’s run for the leadership so comes with baggage. Then we have a new NDP candidate with 15/yrs experience in oil and gas but as a vociferous opponent to oil and gas. With her post graduate education, she could easily end up as Energy Minister in an NDP gov’t. Both of these choices are, in their way, likely to be toxic for AB.

Probably a best case scenario is that the UCP gets in with a small majority and then dumps Smith forthwith before she does some serious damage to AB. My guess is that there are not enough UCP Mia’s with the guts to get this done.

It would be great if the 50 something per cent of eligible voters who do not vote get themselves informed and vote for the local candidate who is likely to be the less toxic for AB in the longer run.
100% disagree
Before I enter into a discussion first thing first
Jordan Peterson will be coming to Red Deer next week and will be debunking some myths about TBA
Hope to see you there