View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 04:48 PM

I don't blame him for posting the type of hunting partner he'd prefer. It will eliminate problems in the future. Last summer I dragged my boat to BC while working there on Transmountain. Camp was 20 minutes from the boat launch on Kinbasket Lake.I have a fully rigged boat with modern gear and electronics. Got a ton of comments from lots in camp how they'd love to go fishing if I had room. I enthusiastically said yes to almost everyone inviting them along and even offered that I had all the gear etc and was not concerned with splitting fuel expenses etc as I was going anyways but I politely offered that I had three hard fast rules to fishing in my boat. No drinking, no drugs and no smoking in my boat. Guess how many guests came along on the three sundays I fished? You got it zero! One guy sitting with 4 of us at dinner one evening asked me what kind of a-hole I was that I would not allow drinking and smoking in my boat? I asked him how much $ he had invested in MY boat? He just looked at me, shook his head, got up and left...LOL