View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
What was velocity?

I have my rig out yesterday for the first time.

180 ELD-M factory ammo was around 3000fps and overpressure. Ejector marks and sticky bolt. Groups were MOA and under

175 ELD-X was around 2780fps and under MOA.
It was a bit breezy on Monday when we went to nose hill and we had some work with a couple guns for a buddy of mine so I didn't shoot as much or take it out as far as I would have liked but did shoot to 890 yards with little effort, the 180 match averaged 2971 out of a 26" barrel in my CA Mesa long range the 175gr ELDX averaged 2993, no ejector marks or any signs of pressure on any of the brass, I had a nice little group on the 650 yard gong so it's ready for it's next stop Elk camp in a couple weeks
I picked up another 10 boxes of ELDX ammo from prairie gun traders in Avonlea for $79.99 so now I have lots of brass for working up loads, a buddy of mine from down that way picked it up for me and is bringing it to the shoot this weekend in Allan so no shipping charges, just a bag a jerky for the delivery

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.

Last edited by waldedw; 09-01-2023 at 05:40 AM.