Thread: Cheap gas
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaerzen View Post
I remember the gas price wars in Stony, down to 30 cents/L at one time.... farmers lining up with tidy tanks. Ahh, the good ole days.
I actually worked at the Stony Plain Coop Gas station when we went to 29.9 cents per litre! You are right, the farmers were all lined up and I remember it well. It was during the Gulf war. Never pumped so much gas before. Good times.

Before Coop, I did a 3 month stint at Propane Shack (remember them?) on Stony Plain road in Edmonton almost where the Henday is now. We had the lowest propane price in the city most of the time. On average around 12 to 14 cents per litre back then. Wasn't taxed in those days. One day the boss calls up and says: Hey, just for the hell of it, drop the price to 6.9!!

Holy crap did word get around fast. NO internet in those days and soon there was a lineup of taxis all the way to CFRN. THAT was busy lol. Price went back to normal the next morning.

I have so many stories of that place, and I was only there a short time lol.

As for the Coop in Spruce Grove dropping to 109.9, I drove by after work today and it was back to 122.9.