View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfespirit View Post
In terms of the latter suggestion, it's tricky to find a good balance. Mink Lake (20 mins from Hasse) has a ton of stunted perch as well and more pike than Hasse (though still not a ton). It seems they still don't make a dent in the population and 99% of the perch remain tiny with the odd keeper swimming around.

A lake like Hasse isn't large enough to support huge numbers of larger perch in any case. If more pike were introduced to trim them down and, in a few years, more of the stunts got up to reasonable size due to a substantially reduced population, the lake might be easily fished out (especially considering its popularity and proximity to the city).

As much as I love perch, I think that lake would offer more opportunity for better fish if it went back to being the trout only lake it was in the past.
Though this was my first trip to Hasse, I'm going to have to agree that as far as angling goes, it would definitely be better if it was back to being just a trout lake.

That being said, now that the perch are in there, what can be done?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams