View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 08:14 AM

As i sit here happily recovering from a virtually pain free hip replacment yesterday, I am watching stuuff go by and waiting to be discharged about 1 today. I have lots of time to watch the markets.

Bank stocks had been heavily beaten up in anticipation of really poor earnings results. Most of the bigs have now reported. RY as it usually does exceeded expectations and is up over 2 bucks today. Even bns, that reported quite poor results, and below expectations has recovered from the beat down of the past few days. Real mixed bag of results but 3 have announce dividend increases so you can tell they are not worried about near term fluctations and think results will improve. Loan loss provisions have been large and likely, as is their habit, well above what they will experiwnce. This means their will be rwcovery of these provisions down the road, which will further boost earnings.

Hope anyone that was holding ZIM got out, it is now trading around 6 bucks. ARM seems to be holding at or just above it issue price but that is still based on a huge multiple. They need to show GREAT growth or that multiple is going to shrink and so will the share price. Most of the market is trading sideways so the dividend income means we get paid to wait, which is always a good thing. Good fortune to all.

Last edited by Dean2; 11-30-2023 at 08:19 AM.