View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 11:45 AM

Back in 2000, I herniated 2 discs in my lower back playing football. They tried to do an injection into my facet joint with cortisone I believe. That didn't work. The only thing that calmed it down and provided relief was being put in traction at the Glen Sather Clinic. It was a long process and ended up being a 12 week recovery. After recovery, core work and chiropractic were what kept me going.

Fast forward to now, monthly chiropractor visits had kept me feeling ok until my weight got a little out of control and I essentially quit exercising. Back was acting up all the time, constant pain, sitting, standing, laying down, didn't matter, back was sore. I finally started to walk daily and exercise daily. Nothing crazy, essentially an hour walk every day and about 20 minutes of calisthenics. Got my weight back under control and got my core strong. Now I don't have much back pain anymore. This has been stated a few times up above about the core and I believe that and weight loss if you need it are the two biggest factors in maintaining your back after its finally fixed.

I still see a chiropractor once a month as that has worked for me for years and continues to. Back pain is THE WORST. It is debilitating and takes most of what a guy can do away. I feel for the OP and hope you can find a way back to good health. Hopefully some of the tips given in this thread can help provide you with some relief.