View Single Post
Old 12-23-2023, 08:12 AM

Default It’s prototyping season

Since I am not big on ice fishing I often spend extra time in the winter prototyping new lure designs. I have my spot for open water testing except when it’s really cold

This design is something that has been rolling around in my head for sometime but I just had not brought it to life till now. The action is very nice on both a straight retrieve and a pull pause. The design was based off of a 12/0 weedless swimbait hook that will sit in a hook slot for good hook up ratio combined with staying weedless. Also working on a heavier external harness with heavier weight for deeper water. Using a tough saltwater blend of soft plastic to make them as durable as I can for soft plastic(only one stronger option but involves special equipment)

This is a rough prototype from a silicone mold and poured with scrap remelt so not a pretty finished product. An aluminum mold is being made to give a nicer finish. Adjustments to the fin and curly tails are being done to improve the pour with the aluminum mold too. This will give a cleaner shiny finish. They will look much better once they have eyes and properly poured colors

9 inch bait and roughly 4.5 once with the weighted swimbait hook. I have not finalized the chosen weight of the external treble harness

Weedless

External treble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk