View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Like I said, the numbers I want are the actual contribution numbers from the CPP, with a detailed independently reviewed report. Personal contributions from individual Canadians from our T4 tax forms and the Province they were earned in. Add an averaged investment income. Subtract the actuarial averaged payments to recipients and boom, we have a number. Not quite so simple, but you get the idea.

Any other figures are completely meaningless and it is not worth our time to even argue that. Media or paid consultants or some politically motivated so-called economists (a dime a dozen). At least LifeWorks put out a report.

The rest is pure politics. If Danielle asked Chrystia for numbers to present to Albertan's in the first place, she would have been massively low-balled. Now the onus is on the CPP to correct the LifeWorks report. All politics.
The good news is, Dani in her year end interviews says she's focusing on health care in '24. Nanos & others have a UCP move to an APP being soundly defeated by Albertans in a referendum.

The UCP were supposed to be transparent, and responsive. All we've truly received so far is massive cost of living hikes, very poor private industry investment, coal mines still poised to ruin the eastern slopes, and a whole lot of Trudeau-bashing that's got us nowhere.

As for Lifeworks report, of course they published it. They'll be contracted to do another, some people think it's gospel. My opinion, Dani would have better political strategy to let Chrystia low-ball her, then use that for more anti-Ottawa sentiment. Being first off the mark has clearly ticked off the majority of Albertans

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Edmund Burke