View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
bought 4g shares in scotia bank today

not my fav bank but 6.8 % dividend and down 2% today at time of purchase

will it go back to the other purchase Halloween 2023 at just over 55 bucks, when the dividend was 8.71 % and should have bought more , maybe in 2024

HOPE FOR A RECESSION to get it at 50 bucks and then buy a smattering of bank stocks

darn near 70 and want some bank stocks with a healthy dividend to out half our savings into and not sell unless they double, get a good dividend on solid stocks for the next 5 to 15 years as a mostly secure investment for the wife if I pass

she dislikes investment folks and so do I

not exciting to most of you but REAL EXCITING TO THIS OLD MAN

selling the farm this spring in my sale contract so will have some more to plough into bank stocks later

will the market pull back for 2024 election in usa and some of Europe, who knows

better than 3-5 % in annual Vic’s right now that most don’t allow early withdrawal

wish I had the money Halloween for 55 Scotia bank stock price but you can time the market when you have no funds to invest

later

signed mr boring junior
I like something more like HCAL, holds all big 6 banks with a modest amount of leverage. Monthly distributions give you realized gains, not paper gains. No need to ever sell as they just keep pumping out income which can be reinvested to grow the overall amount, or used as required. Plus, being an ETF, I don't pay a transaction fee when buying through Questrade.