View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 08:52 AM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/searc...rchid=19254582

This search is Bear, as the key word, posted by me, Dean2. I have done a lot of posts over the years on bear hunting and meat handling of bear. Once you have read through these posts, if you still have questions, post them on this thread and I will try to answer them.

My easy version for spot and stalk.

If you are out spot and stalk hunting and there is not much green around, the Bears will be out but sticking close to their den sites. Find running water, river valleys, Beaver Dams etc. Bears need enough green plant material to get rid of the plug and water with sun is the first place green shows up. Move VERY slowly into the wind, bears are really hard to sneak up on in the bush.

You won't see bears out feeding on pipelines and oil roads until there is new green plants for them to eat. You need to go in looking for them, which is great fun but a lot more challenging way to hunt them. Best of luck, it is a great time to be out in the bush.

If the lines and lease roads are green, then cruising till you spot one then stalking it is far more effective than walking. If you are cruising you want to be off of main roads in areas with relatively little traffic if possible.

Last edited by Dean2; 02-18-2024 at 08:59 AM.