View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Hey everyone

So we are looking for something along the lines of a 16 to 18 footer. Something that is carpeted where you can walk around on the deck and cast off of etc.

It doesn’t need to be super fancy by any means, but want something decent that will last.

I am not up-to-date on all the models and brands out there so I was hoping to get some ideas from you guys.
Based on these criteria, I'd say a Lund Adventure 1775 would treat you really well. I bought one new in 2022 and it has handled fishing and family adventures alike very well.

For the size of boat you want, ensure you get at least a 115 HP motor - getting up on plane with a family in the boat with less motor would be tough.

General comments:
*Lund will cost more - others have said this. But they have the best hulls, which you appear to value, and they hold their value. A dealer I visited during my search had a used 2012 Lund for sale for the same price the original owner paid for it - shows you both the inflation in boats and the resale potential down the line.

*Princecraft came second for me. They have lower sticker prices for comparable sizes and motors, though the fit and finish isn't what a Lund is.

I didn't look at much else myself. I grew up on "In-Fisherman" so Lund was it for me!

They don't get big by being dumb.