View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
Well I really appriciate everyones input and information...What I am getting honestly is that you have to try and book everything a year in advance and hope the 2 weeks you plan on are not a weather nightmare...then remortage the house to pay for everything...not to mention being prepared for the headache of all the other little parts getting a boat in and out of the water, finding a place to prep and pack fish. All when I can just hit a few keys on the computer and have 2 wonderful weeks of fishing in Coata Rica or Mexico for half the cost and none of the hassle....But I have to give it a go. So I'll take this year to figure it all out and maybe head out there for 2025!
With the size of boat you have weather always plays a part but plenty of guys with way smaller boats fish out of Rupert. Usually you can at least get out to humpback if it's sporty out. Launching from Port Edward can always be an option depending on wind direction. Getting a proper anchor setup for Halibut would be important if I was planning though. Just something to consider.