View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 01:23 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
Kind of been looking over the lowrance ghost...120lbs of thrust on a 36v system and a 60" shaft...never seen one, or heard of anyone running them...kinda like Scotty vs Cannon I guess. I have all Lowrance electronics so it would make it easier for tracks/sonar/and other controls and features. Just isn't Saltwater warranted, but you can get a sacrificial anode prop nut for brackish water....brackish can mean anything from 0-100% Saltwater. So since it's just a week or so a year in salt and getting a good fresh water wash down after...should be fine!
Hmmm hopefully a 60" shaft will be enough length, just gotta see how high out of the water the front of your boat sits, in waves it might have the motor come out of the water periodically making it hard to track or stay locked on.

we got a 60" for the pontoon but didn't get the trolling motor until I could wrap my head around the install and proper shaft length. Talked to Samsteele member on this site for advice etc and set us up properly with our Minn kota trolling motor, battery's, charger etc all professionally installed at Barry Jays and Rainbow marine sales and service. Not sure if they carry Lowrance but might be worth checking out.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...