View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafman3 View Post
It's a bit funny that there is the same situation in Lake Mille Lacs, Minnesota. They are doing the same netting surveys (and a couple other methods) and people are saying the survey doesn't match what people are seeing on the lake. I see the same thing on lakes i normally fish that have been surveyed. The survey doesn't match what I'm catching.

It's obvious, netting surveys are not the way to go.

Link to the Mille Lacs article, if your curious
http://targetwalleye.com/the-truth-a...lacs-walleyes/
At some point in the last decade, SRD has claimed that recruitment is low in pretty much every lake in my area... but to date I have never experienced a single year where there was a shortage of hammer handles in any of them.

If these low recruitment concerns were well founded, at least to my logic, you would eventually hit a few season where it became obvious that an upcoming age class is in short suply. At least in my areas, with the lakes I fish, I have yet to see this actually happen... but still the reports continually claim its a real thing.

The funny thing is that the same reports generally show the current population to be healthy. You'd think after enough years of them claiming that the current population is stable, but recruitment is concerningly low, they would start to question the validity of their information?

Last edited by Bushleague; 03-08-2024 at 02:21 PM.